The prophecies of Christ’s birth
Prayer: Pray for a sense of the joy felt by the prophets of old who testified of the coming of the Savior’s birth. Express thanks for the hope that was felt through these prophecies and for the gift we have in knowing Jesus came to this earth.
Songs: “Samuel tells of the Baby Jesus”, Children’s Songbook pg. 36

Scriptures: Isaiah 7:14, 3Nephi 1:13, Helaman 13-15, Mosiah 3: 5, 7-8,
Thought: “Christmas is prophecy fulfilled. On the eve of His birth, the voice of the Lord came unto Nephi, saying, “Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.”
What did the holy prophets of old declare? Isaiah, more than 700 years before the birth of Christ, prophesied, “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign;
Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
What will you and I give for Christmas this year? Let us in our lives give to our Lord and Savior the gift of gratitude by living His teachings and following in His footsteps. It was said of Him that He “went about doing good.” As we do likewise, the Christmas spirit will be ours.”Thomas S. Monson, “What Is Christmas?” Ensign, Dec 1998, 2
Questions and thoughts to ponder: Why would Heavenly Father want people to know about the Savior’s coming birth? What difference do you think it made in peoples’ lives to have these prophecies?
Personal Application: What prophecies do we have today that help you look forward with hope? How can these prophecies help you to be prepared and joyful?
Action: Take time to read your patriarchal blessing and ponder the promises made there. Think about how those promises have come to pass or imagine how they will yet come to pass. Consider the Savior’s birth and how the prophecies of that event and the prophecies in your own blessing relate. If you have not yet received a patriarchal blessing, consider doing so.
As I ponder the suggested action for this day, I think back on this past year. My battle with the Blue Monster started many years ago, but I actively addressed the issue this year as I have had to face and come to terms with the abuse of the past. It has been the hardest trial I have faced in my life thus far. Even more difficult than when I had a miscarriage. However, I have been given promises in my patriarchal blessing that bring me hope that I will win the battle against the Blue Monster. It will just take time.

1 comment:
I'm posting this for Sherry. She knows now how to access the blog, now she needs to learn how to post a comment. Baby steps. She sent this to me in an email.
"HI! Your comments on your blog about the walk are uplifting and insightful--thanks for sharing them :) I truly believe that you will be victorious over the Blue Monster."
Post a Comment