“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called wonderful, counselor, the mighty god, the everlasting father, the prince of peace.” Isaiah 9:6. I think of Handel's The Messiah. In my opinion one of the greatest pieces of music ever composed. It is such a tribute of love and testimony of the Divinity of Jesus Christ. The words from Isaiah set to music for me bring this scripture to life. The Savior is Wonderful and the Prince of Peace. If we allow him to be center in our lives then we can feel of His love. His Atoning sacrifice is the ultimate example of unconditional love for each of our Heavenly Father's children. I love the scripture found in Alma 7:11-12. 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
He not only took upon Himself our sins, but He also took upon Himself our sorrows. He knows how we feel when we go through trials. He knows of our heartache and loneliness that we feel. He knows how it feels to be shunned and rejected. He knows how each of us suffers. Yet He loves us any way. I can never do enough to repay Him for this selfless gift. The only thing I can do is to try and live my live as He would and show unto those around me unconditional love. The picture I have showing here is titled " O Jeruslaem" by Greg Olsen. It is one of my favorite pictures. I love the way the Lord is looking over the city, watching with loving care.

No comments:
Post a Comment