It's that time of year when this nation celebrates a day of thanks. We celebrated in our usual way. We went to my brother-in-law's home and had a leisurely day of eating and enjoying each other's company. We are not an exciting crowd, but we at least like each and get along well. Then some went down to the Plaza to watch the lights turn on and some went to a movie. The highlight of the Plaza for Rebekah was she was able to get David Cook's (American Idol) autograph. It was funny how she got it too. Ask her about sometime, I'm sure she would love to tell the story.
I am grateful for so many things. I have obedient children, a loving husband who puts up with me and that is saying a lot (I haven't been the easiest person to live with), a new granddaughter, and I live in a country where I can worship according to the dictates of my heart. I am truly blessed.
On another note as part of our celebration the kids are all planning on getting up early to get to the good sales. More power to them. I did that one year and that was enough for me. Besides, I don't have any money to spend right now anyway. I'm still trying to get caught up on the bills from summertime when Joe wasn't driving the bus and from when we were trying to help Bernie. We're still paying for that. (Long story on that and you don't want to get me started.) So Christmas this year is going to be lean. Joe thinks he will be getting a bonus from his company, but I'm not counting on it. This time of year is always hard for me. But, I'll put on my painted smile and at least pretend that I am fine.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment