Most reading this are probably getting tired of me moan and groan about depression. It's not that I want to keep harping on it, but I hope that it might be beneficial to others with this illness will know they are not alone.
Anyway on to the post. In an earlier posting I had said that I was feeling alone in this battle. That's what it feels like, a battle. Some days it's a battle to even just get out of bed, but i do it anyway. (That is one thing I have to thank my mother for is the routine of getting up no matter how you feel.) It's a battle every day to get simple tasks done. I feel good about life if I can get a load of laundry done. I'm just glad I have older children that can pick up the slack of the things that are just too overwhelming. They have been wonderful. Sundays are especially hard because I have to put on a happy face when most of the time inside I want to cry. I digress from what I wanted to say.
In Relief Society yesterday we had the most wonderful lesson. I felt it was just for me. I know that isn't the case, because I am just one person. The teacher had taken a talk from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland that he gave at a CES Fireside in Sept. 2008. It went along with the lesson superbly. The part that touched me the most is this,
"When we are in dire circumstances and want to cry “Where art Thou?” it is imperative that we remember He is right there with us—where He has always been! We must continue to believe, continue to have faith, continue to pray and plead with heaven, even if we feel for a time our prayers are not heard and that God has somehow gone away. He is there. Our prayers are heard. And when we weep He and the angels of heaven weep with us.
When lonely, cold, hard times come, we have to endure, we have to continue, we have to persist. That was the Savior’s message in the parable of the importuning widow (see Luke 18:1–8; see also Luke 11:5–10). Keep knocking on that door. Keep pleading. In the meantime, know that God hears your cries and knows your distress. He is your Father, and you are His child."
In my earlier post that I mentioned, I had made a descision that regardless of my inability to feel of the Spirit right now, I would continue to keep on keeping on. I feel an ever so tiny glimmer of hope that maybe I will get through this.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment