Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Feel Blessed!

I don’t know how to put into words the wonderful things that occurred the last couple of days. Perhaps if I were more gifted with words I could adequately describe what is in my heart, but I am by no means eloquent of speech. Hopefully my meager attempts will give some insight.

In the past few months I have had the unique opportunity along with the wonderful women I get to work with in the Stake Relief Presidency to assist in serving meals to some visiting General Authorities as they have been here for training purposes.
Yesterday’s meal was for Elders Curtis, Clayton, of the Seventy, Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve, President and Sister Van Kommen, the Missouri Independence Mission President and his wife, and Elder Deshler and his wife.


We served a delicious chicken salad and Heidi W. did a spectacular job of putting it together. It looked too yummy to eat. While we were preparing the luncheon, we had the extra treat of hearing what was being said in the meeting held with the missionaries. I heard so many things that I needed to hear in that meeting even though they were not directed to me. I love when that happens.
After the luncheon there was another training meeting for the stake presidencies and the bishops of those stakes. There were 11 stakes included and during a break in the meeting we had some goodies for them. The Presidencies and bishops had cookies and water. In the High Council Room we had something a little more substantial for the GA’s since they were the ones doing the training.








We didn’t get to hear the training in this meeting, but we had the privilege of getting to chat with Sister Van Kommen, the mission president’s wife and Sister Oscarson, the St. Louis Temple president’s wife. That was a treat!
Then to top off the day, I had a concert with the Mormon Chorale held in Kearney, MO. This was a repeat of the program we did a couple of weeks ago “On the Healing Wings of Gratitude”. This time different songs spoke to my heart, but confirmed the same feelings from the previous concert and experience in the temple. I feel so richly blessed for having these opportunities.

1 comment:

shannen said...

Sounds like a really neat experience! Very cool that you got to do that!