Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Seattle 2009


Flying somewhere over eastern Washington


Aunt Gitti, Uncle Mona, my dad and me.


This is where I spent most of my time on this trip, sitting in front of the embroidery machine.


Of course it had to rain at least one day while I was there. After all it is Seattle.


But after the rain comes the rainbow


Part of the backyard at my parent's. My mother is an avid gardener.


This is a wall hanging my mom is making. All that is needed is to bind it and then quilt it.


The docks


Pike Place Market


The crowds at the market


Checking out the produce


Pike Place Market; home of the flying fish.


This picture was painted by my 3rd great-grandfather Moritz Wimmer. It is typical of his work. My cousin purchased it on E-bay.


Space Needle


Rita supervising the plum picking. After all it was her tree.


Getting all the ripe ones.


Plum picking


My cousin Rita and me. She is the one of two cousins from my mom's side. The other one being her brother Sunjay.


Mt Rainier


Dash Point Beach


One of the displays at the fair.


Giant pumpkin carving at the fair.


For me this was the highlight of the fair.


For a brief moment I turned to the Dark Side. Yes I am holding a blaster.


My mom is making me a quilt using her embroidery machine. This is one of the motifs on the quilt. We bought the supplies while I was there so I could pick out the colors I wanted.


Almost home

This is my documenting my trip to Seattle. Didn't do a lot of the usual tourist things since I really wasn't there for that this time around. Most of my time was spent using the embroidery machine.

3 comments:

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I enjoyed the pics. Looks like you had a good family bonding time! The weather was sunny and beautiful--did it rain ever?

Unknown said...

looks like an amazing trip! I like your 3great-grandpa's painting a lot. maybe we'll have to take a trip up northwest sometime.

Jessica said...

The pics made me a little homesick for Washington :( Looks like you had a great time!