
I have the privilege this year of helping with Time Out For Women 2009 Tour "Sweet Assurance". I am so excited to be able to attend this event. There will be so many great presenters. One that I am looking forward to hearing is S. Michael Wilcox. I've posted about him before, but I'm doing it again. This is what I wrote "Recently I listened to a talk by S. Michael Wilcox titled "The Fourth Watch". He uses a story found in the book of Matthew chapter 14 when the disciples had been rowing for many hours and were ready to give up. I like how Matthew describes it in verse 24; "the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary." The Savior all the while is watching from the shore looking after the disciples and when they have reached the end of their rope in other words during the fourth watch of the night, the last possible moment when it seems all hope is lost, He walks out to them. At first they are afraid, but the Lord speaks to them and tells them to not be afraid. Then Peter goes out to meet the Savior. Peter starts to lose faith when he sees that the wind is boisterous and starts to sink in the sea. Of course the Savior reaches out to Peter after he cries for help."
At the time I wrote this I was going through a very difficult period in my life and this talk gave me hope and comfort. I think anyone could benefit from attending this event.

No comments:
Post a Comment