Friday, December 5, 2008

Walk With Christ Day 13

Day 13
Miracles
Scriptures: Psalms 9:1 “I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvelous works.” Bible Dictionary p. 732-733 Miracles, Mormon 9:10-20

Hymn: “I Believe in Christ” Hymns #134

Quotations: “As a result of the many miracles in our lives, we should be more humble and more grateful, more kind and more believing. When we are personal witnesses to these wonders, which God performs, it should increase our respect and love for him; it should improve the way we behave. We will live better and love more if we will remember that.” President Howard W. Hunter, The Teachings of Howard W. Hunter, 1997, p. 115

“How do we assess the quiet miracle that the Lord works as He transforms us, His children, into worthy heirs of the kingdom of God? I believe it is made possible because, ‘God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life’ (John 3:16). I believe it comes as we yield to the enticings of the Spirit, put off the natural man, and are filled with the love of God. (see Mosiah 3:19). Sydney S. Reynolds, Ensign, May 2001, 12.

Prayer, Thoughts, Actions: Today in your prayers ask Heavenly Father to help you to see the quiet miracle of transformation in your own life as you yield your life to His will. Ask Heavenly Father to help you see the miracle of Transformation in others. Consider, How can I continue to become more like my Savior? Ask, What is something I can do today to become more like my Savior? Take a minute to consider these questions and the miracles that have come into your life because of your faith in Jesus Christ. Ponder how you can express your gratitude, humility and love for Him as you remember Him throughout the Day. In the hustle and bustle of the season set a goal to pay more attention the promptings of the spirit in your daily life and to act upon them. OR Write a Thank you note to someone who has been an example of a disciple of Christ in your life and mail it to him/her.

Other resources: July 2004 Ensign, “First Presidency Message Miracles of Faith By President Thomas S. Monson

No comments: