I thought I would share an experience I had this morning as I was watching the video Finding Faith in Christ . This is a video that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has produced depicting some of the Savior's ministry while he was here on the earth. Anyway there is a part of the video where the scribes and Pharisees bring before the Savior a woman who was found in adultery. I think you know the rest of the story. The part that just touched me as I was watching is where the Savior says "Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? and then her reply, "No man, Lord." Then here's the kicker "And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee:" It came at me in a rush that the Lord does not condemn us for past events that we have no control of; so why should I condemn myself for something for which I am not responsible? I know I still have a way to go before I think I have that concept firmly planted in my mind, but the seed is there and now I just need to continue to nourish it so that it will take root.
To view this video for yourself copy and paste the following link in your web address line, scroll down the page a bit, and then click the video clip Finding Faith in Christ on the left side of the screen. http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/faith-in-jesus-christ/articles/faith-in-jesus-christ
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment