Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Day in the Seattle Temple

There's nothing like spending some time in the temple and to start a vacation that way is absolutely wonderful. It was a little different though. This past year my dad's ward has been focusing on having each ward member take a family name to thee temple in order to perform the ordinances. They planned to do those ordinances as a ward family. As part of the this event the were going to start with a short meeting in the assembly hall in the temple. I've not seen this done before so I was excited about the whole thing. A member of the ward spoke which just happened to be my dad making it extra special and a member of the temple presidency. I have seen something similar when the youth have done baptisms and it helps invite the spirit. It made a difference for me. I think it did for the members of the ward too as in church today many that attended yesterday bore testimony of the temple.

No comments: