Sunday, June 20, 2010

Luau Celebration


What's a birthday without cake? Sam's club came through in a pinch. There was a tiny foul up with the order and the icer had to decorate 6 cakes in 30 minutes. They weren't able to do the logo that we had for camp and needed to come up with an alternative. They were wonderfully done as you can see.


Cub scout camp wouldn't be the same if there weren't any cubs.

This year marks one hundred years that boy scouts has been in existence. As has been my custom I spent the week at cub scout day camp. However, I did not do my usual job as registrar, Linda did that job this year. Instead I was a sort of administration assistant. It was fun! I got to do so much more and had a blast doing it. I got to help with all of the noon time surprise activities like sno-cones as well as riding through camp, judging the campsites. For only the second time being at cub camp was I able to participate in being hosed by the fire hose. Since the day was hot, it felt wonderfully cool.
There were a few things happening that made for a very interesting week. On family night, 30 minutes into the evening, the sky just opened up and it poured. The lightening was striking very close too. Close enough that in one of the program areas burning leaves were seen coming from one of the trees. Somehow during the race to the car, my camera fell out of my pocket. Unfortunately, I didn't notice until I was home. At that point I just knew it was gone. That didn't stop me from saying a prayer asking Heavenly Father that not only would I be able to find it, but that it would continue to function. In answer to my prayer, someone from one of the packs had found it and tested it to see if it still worked after a soaking in the storm. Lo and behold, it did. The final test came later when I needed to upload pictures, but even that was successful. This experience helped to strengthen my testimony in the power of prayer.

The absolutely fun, wonderful District Executive for Northern Tier, Kathryn


We couldn't do cub camp with out the wonderful youth staff.


Linda taking a break. She's so cute pregnant.

Clean up.

No comments: