Sunday, October 4, 2009

One Last Time

 
Posted by Picasa
Heidi Fackrell, Sherry Smith, Sara Capener, Chris Manning

This past week has been a bitter/sweet one for me. I found out about a week and a half ago that my ward will have the Relief Society Presidency reorganized. Normally one does not find out about this until the day it is happening, but there were special circumstances this time. While I know this is what the Lord would have done, I am struggling greatly with this. I have grown to love these wonderful women with whom I serve. They have become some of my dearest friends. I know we will continue to be friends, but it won't be the same. It feels to me like a kid whose best friend is moving away.
This was our last presidency meeting. We had actually been planning this outing for many months in celebration of our birthdays, but somehow seemed more fitting to be celebrating serving together. I have learned so much from each of these lovely ladies and will miss serving so closely with them.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Heidi - you, my friend, are the very best! What a blessing to have the opportunity to serve with one of the Lord's finest. . .YOU! You are truly sunshine to my soul and I just love and adore you to pieces. I will greatly miss seeing you every Wednesday! I love you!!!