Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Tale of Two Cities

To paraphrase from Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities this last week has been the best of times as well as the worst of times. The best of times of course being the birth of Celeste. She has been such a bright spot in my life. I so enjoy those few short moments that I get to be with her. She is a well loved little darling. The worst have times part comes from the struggling with the Blue Monster. I have been feeling so low this last week. It has definitely been a "white knuckle" week. I know a lot of this comes from my self-talk that is not the most positive. My perceptions of certain events skews that self-talk in the most negative way. It is something I am working on, but sometimes it is so much easier to believe the negative.

1 comment:

Christal said...

Hmmmmm-opposition in all things? What a bizarre concept! :) Thank heavens for life's little blessings that can bring us overwhelming joy...thanks heavens for LIFE!