Monday, September 22, 2008

More Mission Pictures

I thought I would post Laura's last email. I think this will be her last one anyway. She comes home next week, 8 days to be precise and I can hardly wait.

Dear Family
All right, I am glad it was a great lesson for you. It is interesting for me because I have lots of practice trying to be creative about creating lessons this last little while, it is a great blessing. This last weekend I forgot to mention we had the dedication of the new building in Ljubljana, the first one in former Yugoslavia, what a wonderful blessing that I was able to see that historical event, it was awesome. Happy golden birthday Linda, I did just realize today that it was her golden birthday, but I did send her a birthday card quite a few weeks ago, but to our home address because I don’t know hers, so you should have gotten it, but if not well we shall see. Plans for my last pday actually it is interesting, because district meeting, which we have every week, is usually on Mondays but that is not normal for most missions, so this week it just got moved so we have 2 hours of extra pday today, and we have some fun things planned going to the maribor island taking picture and such so it will be fun. And this week will be amazing miraculous last week, the Lord has greatly blessed my life being able to come on a mission, and I am so grateful for it. I have learned so much and have come closer to the spirit and to the Lord, I have forgotten grammatical English ha ha but I have greater the language of the spirit. It is amazing. Well I did look at my itinerary again and it says I get into Kansas City at 10:58 pm, and I have a four hour lay over and a two hour lay over, so that leaves enough room that I shouldn’t miss anything. Well see ya soon, and have a great week.
Love Laura

1 comment:

Sheffer's said...

That's so exciting! I remember my last week in the mission field. It was such a mixture of emotions! The hardest part was really believing that I was done and not just going home for a vacation. Sometimes I would give anything to go back and do it all over again... :)