Monday, October 24, 2011

An Old Hobby Made New

Needle work has been around for centuries. The finished projects are beautiful, but very time consuming. I don't mind putting in the time for making a piece of artwork like "O Jerusalem", but as I get older it gets more difficult. I have to be very selective of what I choose to do because of this. Well now I don't have to.



While visiting my parents for a couple of weeks, my mother and I attended a seminar. This seminar was to learn new techniques in the use of an embroidery machine.




It is also on big long infomercial for the different products used in this hobby, such as stabilizers, threads, and of course the machine itself. At these types of trade shows one can get a deal on a machine and since I'm a sucker for a good deal... yup I got myself a new toy.


This is not my new toy. This machine was so complicated to use that I didn't like it.




It should get here in the next few days. Now no more trips to Seattle to use my mother's embroidery machines. I can make those trips to have other kinds of fun like a tour of the harbor.

Just one of the beautiful quilts on display not necessarily done on an embroidery machine, but still nice.

Just a shot of the set up of the seminar. There were 24 tables with three machines to each table.


Another pretty quilt.







This one is just cute.

This quilt was done on the embroidery machine. It is actually 3D which I thought was cool and since I am such a geek, I bought the CD used to make it. The CD is actually for making a book, but the pages easily convert to quilt blocks. Of course it helps to wear the 3D glasses to get the full effect.


No comments: