Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Hope Endures"


“Hope Endures" was the theme for this year's Youth Conference for the Lenexa Stake.
The weekend started off with the kids gathering in the gym to introduce the theme,
then a dance and on to our host homes. While in this meeting, Pres. Chambers said that not everything would go right. Well he was right. My groups' host home didn't know we were coming. Luckily for me it was someone I know very well and she and her family were really good sports about being woken in the middle of the night. I don't think I would have been so gracious. My group of girls felt really bad about it though. I tried to play it down somewhat to ease their minds about it, but inside I was a bit angry.





The activities continued on Friday with visits to the Independence Visitor's Center, Richmond Missouri, and the Liberty Visitor's Center







Ending with a dance for the evening.







Saturday we went to Harvesters to do volunteer work.



We packaged about 1200 loaves of bread.















We finished the conference at Adam-Ondi-Ahman. One young man said it was lame, but I think what he meant was that it is simple. The beauty comes from the simplicity of this sacred place.







We were able to listen to a wonderful speaker telling us some of the history of the place and things that would be happening in the future. She also talked about the armor of God. The armor of God contains many pieces and one of those is a breast plate. Kamian gave 5 great ways this breast plate protects our heart and the kinds of hearts we need to protect. These are to have a searching heart, a prayerful heart, a cheerful heart, an obedient/faithful heart, and a repentant heart.

No comments: