Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wedding Bells Are Ringing


I have a new sister-in-law. Well sort of. Many many years ago, when Joe returned home from his mission to Bolivia, he brought back a living souvenier, by the name of Bernie. The Fackrell family always seemed to have room for anyone and Bernardo was no exception.
That gave Joe a brother from a different mother, and father I might add. Bernie went to school here, knowing little or no English when he arrived and did very well. He learned to speak English. He eventually went on a mission and then married in the temple. Then things got really rough for him and in short ended up on the streets.
About three years ago, after having years of no contact we get this call from some dude in Houston saying Abel(as Bernie calls himself now)needed help. Well of course Joe being the kind of man that he is,
said sure he could come here to live. Since then he met a wonderful lady who doesn't speak a lot of English even though she has been in the US for over 10 years, and the got married three weeks ago. Yesterday she was baptized and today confirmed a member of the church. I am so happy for the two of them. I'm just now getting the pictures up.

1 comment:

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

WOW! This is news and the couple looks so happy! How exciting for Joe and your family. You are so loving and helpful and blessings will be yours.