Joe is busy, busy, busy. I don’t know how he does day after day. Things at the hotel have eased up a bit so that’s good. Unfortunately the business did lose their biggest client this month. We knew that was a possibility since the contract was awarded to another company, but thanks to the great sales team we have, enough new clients have signed up to make up the difference.
Laura is now home from BYU and enrolled at the University of Kansas.
She has decided to live at home which makes me happy. I think in the long run it will be less expensive since there is bus she can use to commute. KU has even accepted a lot of credits from BYU, not as many as she would like, but more than expected. She’s looking for a job also. I know she could get one at the hotel. They would hire her in a second, but she wants to try something new. Nothing wrong with that.Linda and her crew have had a major change to their family. Charles Theodore Rathjen was born July 14 and is a healthy little boy.
Daryn has been working more at Joe’s office. Between that and learning code and programming for the computer he stays pretty busy.
He has been called to work in Primary, teaching the Sunbeams. He loves it. He is so good with little kids. He just has a natural rapport with them.Sean received his mission call. That’s his big news. He has been called to serve in the Nevada, Las Vegas West Mission.
It’s a good thing our neighbor down the street just returned home from that same mission so he can give Sean the scoop on everything. It seems too we have quite a few missionaries from the stake serve there. Rebekah is a working girl now. She got a job at Michael’s.
It’s going to be really difficult to restrain myself from going there too often to shop. I guess it’s a good thing I have this need to finish a project before I start another. She also obtained her driver’s license. Yipee! No having to drive her to Seminary in the morning. Plus since it’s still a novelty to her, she is willing to run errands for me.Not a whole lot is happening with me. I did get a “job” too. I don’t know if I would really call it that. I’ve been hired by a gentleman in my stake to do research for him. For me it’s perfect. I can do most of the work from home, I can set my own hours, and I get paid to do something I enjoy anyway. I couldn’t ask for anything better.

1 comment:
How cool! Your family is always up to something big! Isn't it funny how sometimes you think nothing's been going on but then you write it down and suddenly life seems a bit more exciting? It happens to me all the time!
Thanks so much for posting this when you did! Mitch and I are in the SLC airport right now, waiting for a flight that doesn't leave for 2 hours. Since the airport just activated free wi-fi (woo hoo!), I was able to connect and read your family update! What a fun way to kill time! :o)
Post a Comment