Sunday, August 9, 2009

Celebrating 25 Years

Just the two of us.

I have the best kids in the world. Joe and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year, August 10th to be precise. I wanted to have a big party, but Joe didn't want to. I won't go into the reasons why, but I was disappointed. Today the kids surprised us with the help of their cousins, with a very nice dinner and entertainment.
Chef Nathan
The hat and jacket help Chef Nathan cook better.
John and Diane were very gracious in letting the kids cook the whole meal at their place. They had the table set kinda fancy and served a 5 course meal (to coincide with the number of kids we have).
The table is set.

Started with some scrumptious bruschetta, followed by a delicious spinach and strawberry salad with a raspberry vinaigrette. Time to eat.

Next came a tasty tomato bisque, and then the main course of fettuccine chicken Alfredo with a garnish of red peppers and fresh zucchini. Dessert was a very simple bowl of ice cream topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries. All the married couples including some of the younger generation consumed this wonderful meal, while the other kids served, cleared, and entertained.
The floor show.
Travis posed as the comedian for the evening and told some pretty funny jokes. It was a wonderful celebration. Thanks kids.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

twas great food, and I'll never forget the angel of bread song

Jenny said...

Congratulations you guys! What a milestone! Only 45 more years until the Church News will congratulate you on your 70th wedding anniversary!