I was holding Celeste feeding her a bottle and decided to start singing to her. Not that it sounds that great, but because I like to sing. I started singing “I Am a Child of God”
by Naomi W. Randall because it’s my favorite Primary song. It was one of those moments where I had to get konked on the head so to speak. There is so much truth in that song. After I sang the first phrase “and he has sent me here” I had a witness that I am here for a reason. I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. It was a moment where a hymn can teach so much in a fraction of a moment. How many times have I sung that song and it not hit me before so strongly? I had to be singing it to my granddaughter for it to sink in. I've included the words even though most reading this will know them anyway. I Am a Child of God
Fervently
35395, Children’s Songbook, My Heavenly Father, I Am a Child of God, 2–3
1. I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
2. I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.
3. I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will,
I’ll live with him once more.
4. I am a child of God.
His promises are sure;
Celestial glory shall be mine
If I can but endure.

1 comment:
I had a similar experience with my niece while I was in college. That song has now become one of my boys' favorite lullabies. (we switch between that and I wonder when He comes again) It's a wonderful song.
Post a Comment